I thought I’d usher in fall with pumpkin muffins – they’re moist, and they have chocolate chips in them. Pumpkin and chocolate – what more do you need besides a cup of coffee? Yeah, I didn’t think so.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup solid pack pumpkin
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, mixed
1. Preheat oven to 350º. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl. whisk pumpkin, vegetable oil, eggs, and sugar until smooth. Add flour mixture until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Divide the batter into 14 muffin cups. Take sugar and cinnamon mixture, and sprinkle over the batter. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, test with a toothpick.