This is a wonderful cake – it’s studded with blueberries, moist, with a cinnamon sugar topping. Perfect for a holiday picnic!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º, grease a 9″ x 13″ pan, set aside. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar, then add the egg and vanilla.
- Add the flour mixture and the milk in three batches to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Fold in the blueberries. Pour into the prepared pan, and smooth out with a spatula.
- In a small bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes, testing with a toothpick, let cool completely before serving.