This pear pie was my favorite of the three I baked for Thanksgiving. Ripe pears thinly sliced, fanned into a pie shell, drizzled with cream, and sprinkled with sugar.
- 1 – 9″ unbaked pie shell
- 5 Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Roll out dough, and ease into the pie plate. Trim and crimp edges. refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400º. In a small bowl, mix the flour and sugar together. Stir vanilla into heavy cream and set aside.
3. Fan half of the pears into the pie dough, sprinkle with half the sugar/flour mixture, and drizzle a half cup of cream over the pears. Repeat with the remaining pears, sugar/flour, and cream. Bake for one hour until set. Let cool before serving.
Slightly adapted from Saveur.