Determined to pull myself out of my Sunday brunch blueberry pancakes/French toast rut, I made crêpes. Crêpes are lighter than pancakes and perfectly suited for summer mornings. The beauty is you can make them the night before, store them separated with wax paper in the fridge, then in the morning – just fill and roll!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- vegetable oil, to grease skillet
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 – 6 ounce cups of vanilla yogurt
1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender. Puree until batter is smooth. Let rest for 20 minutes or refrigerated overnight.
2. Heat an 8″ non-stick skillet lightly brushed with vegetable oil over medium heat. Ladle in approximately 3 to 4 tablespoons of batter, and quickly swirl in pan to cover the bottom. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden – using a rubber spatula, flip and cook for an additional minute. Transfer to a plate to cool.
3. Repeat process with vegetable oil and remaining batter.
4. Spoon sliced strawberries and yogurt in crêpes, roll up. Makes 12.