I made this loaf for my friend Bebe, who loves raisin bread. I’ve never seen a no-knead recipe that used milk as an ingredient – so I thought I’d give it a shot. It was a success!
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, yeast, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins.
- Add the milk and water, and stir until a dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave on the counter for 12 to 18 hours, giving the dough time to rise. Note – the dough will be sticky.
- Scrape the dough onto a floured surface, and fold it in half and in half again. Let dough rest for fifteen minutes, covered with a tea towel.
- Transfer the dough to a piece of parchment paper, cover with a floured tea towel, and let rise for two hours.
- 45 minutes before the dough is ready to be baked, preheat the oven to 450º.
- 30 minutes before the dough is ready to be baked, place a Dutch oven in the oven to heat up.
- When the dough is ready, take pot out of the oven – grab the ends of the parchment and drop the dough, along with the parchment into the center of the pot. Cover with the lid and bake for 30 minutes, then for an additional 20 to 25 with the lid removed.
- Cool on a wire rack.
This is great! I made it yesterday and it disappeared very quickly!
I love that it’s so easy! Glad you liked it!