There’s nothing better than a warm peach blueberry crumb pie. Easy to make, since you only have to roll out a bottom crust, the perfect lazy, summer pie!
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 stick of very cold butter, cut up into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ice water
- Put flour, butter, and salt in a food processor with a metal blade pulse until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add ice water until the dough begins to clump together. Work dough into a flat disc, and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for an hour.
- 5 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- juice of half a lemon.
- Roll out dough to fit a 9″ pie plate, ease pastry onto plate.
- In a large bowl, toss the peaches and blueberries with the sugar and cornstarch. Squeeze the lemon over the fruit. Transfer the fruit to the pie plate.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 pinches of salt
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- In a medium bowl, melt butter. Stir the sugar, lemon zest, baking powder, flour, and salt into the butter until the mixture resembles large crumbs. Scatter crumbs over the fruit. Put the pie plate on a baking sheet, and place in the preheated oven.
- Check crumb topping after approximately 30 minutes, if getting too dark, cover top with foil and bake for another 20 to 30 minutes.